Inspired Spa Water Recipes to Help You Drink Your Daily 8
Water is your number one cleansing companion. Pivotal to good health, those eight glasses we’re told to drink daily do more than quench thirst. They’re the everyday detox agent your body needs to function.
Water makes up nearly 70% of the body and is, after air, its most vital nutrient. The body uses water to lubricate joints, regulate temperature, protect organs, hydrate cells, speed the elimination process and help kidneys flush out toxins. Not surprisingly, to be under-hydrated strains all of these miracles and can leave you feeling tired and your skin looking less than radiant.
Still, most of us often fall short of drinking enough. Water, however wonderful, can be outright dull to drink. To find inspiration, we turned to some of the country’s best spas for their delicious hints on how to add allure, flavor and variety to this miracle drink and spa water recipes that make us thirsty for more.
Note: For all combinations, slice unpeeled organic produce to expose surface area and flavor. Add herbs whole. Using filtered water allows more flavors to come through.
In a large pitcher, use any combination of fresh ingredients, fill with water and add ice as desired. Infuse for thirty minutes to let flavors emerge.
- Ruby grapefruit, pineapple, meyer lemon and mint leaves (Spa Aiyana at Carmel Valley Ranch, CA)
- Watermelon, blackberries (whole but lightly crushed), mint leaves and halved strawberries (Spa Aiyana at Carmel Valley Ranch, Carmel, CA)
- Apple, orange, lemon, mint (The Spa at Bardessono, Yountville, CA)
- Grapefruit and orange (Spa Velia, San Diego, CA)
- Lemons, limes and oranges (Spa Ballantyne, Charlotte, NC)
- Lemons and cucumber (The Renaissance Lodge at Sonoma, Sonoma, CA)
- Cucumber, orange and basil (The Spa at Bardessono, Yountville, CA)
- Cucumber, lemon and mint (Hilton Head Health, Hilton Head, SC)
- Mint and lime – aka Spa Mojito (Spa Velia, San Diego, CA)
- Mint leaves, lemon slices, green apples (Glen Ivy Hot Springs, Corona, CA)
- Rosemary (Solage Calistoga, Calistoga, CA)
For individual drinks, place a generous slice of Pineapple, Orange and Lime at the bottom of a 12-ounce glass. Top with lots of lots of ice and savor for a while. (Spa Aiyana at Carmel Valley Ranch, CA)